

OK, so it is the last day at school, strange but in some ways a bit of a relief, as this has been very hard work. I am sure all the teachers out there are nodding their heads in agreement and thinking that at least now I will have more sympathy for you all, well may be just may be.
Today though was going to be fun as all we had were "end of our assignment" games, the usual stuff of running races, egg and spoon( or in our case ping pong ball) and relays which went down well. It must be said fun was had by all even though it was extremely hot and I think a couple of us got burnt being out in the sun for a couple of hours.
It was also the time we had to say goodbye to the kids, and I can't speak for the Lyns and Megs in their class, but poor Ines, after giving out some goodies, found it all too much to take and had to leave the class very quickly and was soon donning a pair sunglasses "a la Greta Garbo and looking on from afar as the final goodbyes were said. I did not find it that emotional but will leave with fantastic memories and a good deal of pride.
The afternoon was to involve a final round of beach games with the kids which the girls especially were looking forward to. Unfortunately not many of the kids from school turned up but plenty of others did and usual catching water balloons, Frisbee, sand castles and football were played. May be the kids had had too much this morning.
After I had to complete all my arrangement s for the trip to Zambia and get my fights and accommodation sorted out, which I did and I think they are as organised as they can be albeit that they include overnight stop over's in Jo'burg there and back. I also know that I am taking my life in my hands again as I have gone with Timos' recommendation of the Purple Palms, a modest hotel close to the airport. Let us wait and see!!!!
Finally it was a BBQ with the entire gang (inc. Timo and Megan), where Super had prepared his special of fish, rice and fried banana. The latter was absolutely delicious. Ines also had a final surprise for us as she and Megan had secretly made some ice cream the day before which was the best treat we have had in the last 4 weeks. I mischievously gave some life predictions which were particularly gloomy, but nobody seemed to get the joke (probably too subtle even for me).
It will come as no surprise that we all had another early night as the morning involved a particularly early start, with the girls all going on a Safari Blue trip and me to the airport.
No comments:
Post a Comment